DID YOU KNOW (13)
…That the theory of evolution is a lie?
If evolution, and not the Bible is the truth, there are many implications for the human race and many unanswered questions. I cannot raise them all here and I cannot raise them in sequence but let’s get going.
- Why is there death in the world? From where did death come?
Without the record in the book of Genesis, of man’s fall from fellowship with his Creator to estrangement and separation ending in physical death, we have no way of knowing why everything on earth is subject to death and decay.
- Why do humans have a free will and are responsible for their behaviour when the apes from which we are supposed to have evolved are not morally responsible?
We do law enforcers not arrest and try animals that prey on other animals and yet people are held accountable for killing people but not for killing animals. How did this transition happen if man evolved from apes?
- Why is the human race inherently selfish and greedy?
If humans became better than apes through evolution, why did they not become better than animals morally? We do not condemn animals when they behave in what we consider to be selfish or cruel ways because they function by instinct. Why do people not function by instinct alone?
- From where does our conscience come? Why do we feel guilty when we have done wrong according to our conscience?
Without the Biblical explanation for the origin and nature of man – that God created man in His own image, to resemble Him and to have fellowship with Him, we have no authoritative way of knowing who we really are and what is right and wrong. God wrote His law on our hearts whether we like it or not. Our conscience alerts us when we transgress God’s standards of right and wrong.
- Why do people feel empty and restless until they have reconnected with God through His Son and realise that He is both their Creator and Father?
- Tied to the above question is the next: why are we here and where are we going?
Life has no meaning, no anchor, and no hope until we understand that we were created by God, that He gives meaning to our lives, that He made us to have fellowship with Him, and that our destiny is to be with Him forever. Death is not the end but the beginning and completion of our journey. Until we reconnect with God, we are lost and we will never find the way to the Father without Jesus.
What are the implications of believing in evolution and denying the existence of a Creator?
- We make God and the Bible out to be liars.
- If the Bible is wrong about God being the Creator of the universe, then it must be wrong about everything else He said and did.
- If there is no God, no Bible, and no truth, then we have no hope.
- If there is no God, there can be no moral absolutes. Everyone is free to make his own rules and do as he pleases. There can be no justice because justice is based on what is universally accepted objective standards.
- Without objective standards, there can be no such thing as a crime if everyone is free to make his own rules.
- We have no reason to complain if people behave worse than animals, since they evolved from animals, and if the world is in chaos because there is no one to fix it.
- Evolution disproves itself because evolution claims that everything is evolving upwards when our observation tells us that the world is running down. If everything is evolving into something better, why does every living thing eventually die? Why do our gardens, left to themselves, become overrun with weeds?
And we can go on. Belief in evolution rather than in a Designer and Creator raises more questions than answers.
There is only one solution to the chaotic mess we have made of the world over the last few thousand years – Jesus.
If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come (2 Cor. 5:17).
He dealt with sin on the cross, unmasked the devil for the liar he is and promised to make everything new.
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain for the old order of things has passed away (Rev. 21:1-4).
Scripture is taken from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Have you read my first book, Learning to be a Son – The Way to the Father’s Heart (Copyright © 2015, Partridge Publishing)? You’ll love it!
ISBN: Softcover – 978-1-4828-0512-3, eBook 978-4828-0511-6
Do you like this post? Then buy your own copy of my book, Learning to be a Disciple, which is also available from www.amazon.com or www.takealot.com in South Africa. You can also order a copy directly from the publisher at www.partridgepublishing.com